150 Hour Specialist I Course
A candidate must include each of these things in a professional portfolio:
Certification required work;
1 Personal description and statement concerning professional context of candidate which:
- Tells why the candidate wants to join an ITC programm.
- Tells what the candidate’s expectation of ITC will be discusses the institution where candidate works.
- Give general information about the school’s pupils.
- Gives background info about the school’s community.
- Supplied cover sheet must be submitted along with each Standard.
2 Evidence that satisfies each of the TESOLS Teacher Certificate standards
In the portfolio, each candidate must show five separate pieces of work
Each is a practice-based activity and reflects directly on each of the five TESOLS Standards:
- Create and implement an extra-curricular project involving the community.
- Plan and instruct a learning programmed focused on global issues. Self-assess and evaluate.
- Create and carry out a workshop on language dimensions of international students.
- Implement and complete two case studies of transitional students.
- Complete and reflect upon their personal development plan as it pertains to international students.
For each of the required Standards, a candidate must provide:
- Core required evidence.
- Professional entry logs on implementation.
- Reflective Report when finished.
When the evidence is in a language other than English, a candidate must insert translations or summaries for easy engagement of the examiners. It must be part of the files, and not simply added files.